Monday, May 23, 2011

Review: OCC Lip Tars




About the product:
OCC Lip Tar combines the longevity of a lipstick, with the ease of application of a gloss. Goes on slick and moist, and dries down to a satin finish. OCC Lip Tar is 100% Vegan and Cruelty-Free, and is also free of parabens and other harsh preservatives. A simple, elegant formula that contains Hemp Oil, Peppermint Oil and Vitamin E, OCC Lip Tar feels as good on the lips as it looks!

My Opinion:
These lip tars by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics has to be the most pigmented lip products that i have tried. From left to right: Memento, Anime, Divine & Hush.

These colors are beautiful and so pigmented. You can easily control how intense you want the color to be, but be careful, applying too much product can result in feathering/bleeding so remember that a little goes a very long way when it comes to these. My favorite has to be Memento, its is a gorgeous dark nude color which i think will look beautiful on every skintone. The packaging is really small but since these are extremely pigmented, you dont need much and therefore this is going to last you for a very long time.

I prefer to apply these with a lip brush because i feel like it looks better when applied with a brush and i get to control how much product i want to use. With a brush its also easier to go back and apply more product if you feel like you need it. The thing that i dont like about these are that they can be really difficult to remove if you use a lot of product. I had scrub really hard to get the color of my hand after i had swatched it.

Rating: 4/5


Disclaimer:
This product was sent to me by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics for review
purposes only. No payment was received for this review. All opinions are my own.
Check out their Website and Facebook.

Have you tried anthing from OCC?
Love Christine
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I love Lip Tars!
    I use Hush all the time, but I forget to use the others! Thanks for refreshing my memory...I'll go dig out the rest of my stash!
    And Divine looks so pretty....I might have to purchase! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to try these for a long time!! Thanks for the swatches! The colors look gorgeous! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhlala! They're so pigmented! I wanna try one but i believe OCC is not yet available here in the Philippines. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought Anime a couple of weeks ago and I love the colour. I find that the absolute tiniest bit is enough to colour my lips perfectly, and the next time I applied it I just used what was left on my lip brush from the previous application.

    It's long-wearing, but only if you use it in a very specific way. Being such a bright colour you really want to keep it in place and I found myself getting really paranoid about it transferring, fading, bleeding or smudging.

    I use it as a lip stain, but I find that even using very little if I put a gloss over it the colour stays wet and will transfer or smudge a lot easier, and when you're on a night out and you're drinking, smoking, and kissing people, the colour won't stay.
    Using too much of it will stop it from drying properly, the best way to deal with that is to build it up slowly, adding a thin layer and allowing it to dry completely before adding more.
    Finally, whilst using it as a stain may be the best way to go about getting long-lasting colour, the feel is like using one of those 2-step long lasting lip colours without the 2nd step. The finish is kind of matte which is cool but it feels really awkward, dry and a bit sticky, almost more likely to transfer onto a cigarette or a glass.


    I like that they can be mixed like paints to make a custom shade. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE these! Anime and Hush are my two favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do a makeup look using them!! Will love to see them on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this brand before but will be checking them out now! Thanks for the review :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the lip tar in hush, and I'm loving it! I really want to get more, they are such gorgeous, long lasting colours

    ReplyDelete
  9. great review sweetie,I have Anime love it,want to get more

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for leaving me such lovely comments, I really appreciate each and every single one off you. You guys are truly amazing, thank you for making my day with your sweet words! I always reply back to comments, so make sure to check back!♥

© Makeup, Beauty & Fashion. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig