Saturday, April 21, 2012

Essie Mint Candy Apple: Review, Photos & Swatches

Hey Cupcakes, how are you all doing tonight? :) 
Yesterday I went to the hairdresser to get my hair cut and I'm really happy with how the final look turned out. Before I got it cut, my hair used to be really long and it just became a pain in the butt to take care off. So I decided to cut it shorter. Its still long but its way shorter than what it used to be. My hair feels so much lighter now, it feels like I cut off at least 1 kilo off hair, haha. Anyway, enough rambling for now, back to the review :)

Tonight's review is going to be all about Essie's Mint Candy Apple. This nail polish is one off Essie's bestsellers and also one off the most talked-about nail polishes that they have released. Mint Candy Apple is a big favorite off mine. I'm such a sucker for mint green nail polishes, I just cant get enough off them. I do have quite a few mint green nail polishes in my collection but this one is really special to me. Mint Candy Apple was the very first Essie nail polish that I bought and its the one that started my love and obsession for Essie. 


 ♥ Essie's Mint Candy Apple.

 
 ♥ Essie's Mint Candy Apple.

Mint Candy Apple is a beautiful and soft pastel mint green color. This gorgeous color was released as a part of their Winter 2009 Sweet Time Of Year Collection. I picked up this baby right after it was released and I don't regret it for a second. When I saw it online, it was love at first sight and I just knew it in my heart that it had to be mine. Don't you just love it when products ''speak'' to you like that? Haha, being a beauty blogger can definitely be a little dangerous sometimes, don't you agree? :)

The formula is thin but not runny so it's very easy to apply. The first coat is a bit streaky but it gets much better on the second coat and perfect on the third. This is definitely a nail polish that needs three coats but you can get away with wearing just two coats if you prefer that but it wont be completely opaque. I always use three coat when I'm painting my nails because I want it to be as opaque as possible. Mint Candy Apple is one off my top 10 nail polishes from Essie and its the perfect mint green nail polish for Spring and Summer :)

 ♥ Essie's Mint Candy Apple.

 ♥ Essie's Mint Candy Apple.

♥ Essie's Mint Candy Apple. 

Mint Candy Apple is definitely a ''must have'' in my opinion. If you haven't tried any nail polishes from Essie and you love mint green, definitely give this one a go. Its one off those colors that you can wear all year around without getting sick off it, at least its like that for me :)

Rating: 5/5
Where to buy?
I believe that Mint Candy Apple have been added to Essie's permanent line. Definitely check that out and if you can't find it there, you can always find it on Ebay. Here is a link to a seller on Ebay :)

Which Essie nail polish is your favorite? What do you think about Mint Candy Apple? Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :) Xoxo Christine♥
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. This is such a gorgeous shade! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this really is minty, haha I definitely want it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS COLOUR! def one to pick this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Allie Yeah, its the perfect mint green for Spring and Summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Donna Dell You should definitely pick it up, you are going to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I was afraid this polish was going to be a lot more sheer than it is, so now this is one I may go buy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely color!! Very strange name though! Mint and apple sounds gross lol!!
    ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denne har jeg også, elsker den ;) Fargen er perfekt for vår og sommer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember going over which one to buy, this or China Glaze refresh mint. I got the latter... but this one is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the most gorgeous mint green nail polish I've ever seen! Will be definitely adding it to my wishlist ^^
    Your blogs are killing my purse LOL It's hard to resist anything you recommend ♥ xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mine is turquoise blue. Yuch. Nothing mint abt the bottle i got.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for leaving me such lovely comments, I really appreciate each and every single one off you. You guys are truly amazing, thank you for making my day with your sweet words! I always reply back to comments, so make sure to check back!♥

© Makeup, Beauty & Fashion. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig