Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tutorial: How To Create Braided Nails

Hey Dolls :)
I'm back with another nail art tutorial for you guys. Tonight's tutorial is going to be all about braided nails. I came across this cute nail trend a while ago, and I knew that I had to do a tutorial and show you how easy it is to create them. 

If you want to learn how you can create these cute and fun braided nails, just keep reading :)


  
♥ 1. As always, start off by applying a base coat to protect your nails. After the base coat have dried, paint your nails with a light purple nail polish. I'm using shade 24 from MUA Makeup Academy. 

  
♥ 2. Take a mint green nail polish and create a thick stripe. Here I have used shade 5 from MUA Makeup Academy.


♥ 3. Take a metallic nail polish and create a thick stripe over the mint green nail polish. Here I have used Trixie from Zoya.


♥ 4. Take the same light purple nail polish that you used to paint your nails with in the first step, and create a thick stripe directly below the mint green nail polish.

♥ 5. Continue the crossing of each nail polish one more time, until you have completed the entire nail. See more photos below. 





♥ 6. Finish off with a top coat to protect your design from chipping away :)


Here is the final look, what do you guys think? I think that the braided look is a cute and it is a fun way to get creative with your nail art. You can play around with different color combination and make them your own. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and that you will give this a try. If you decide to try it out, please tweet me a picture on Twitter or leave me a comment with the link to your post, because I would love to see it :)

 Products I Used: 
♥ Essie Grow Richer Base Coat. 
♥ MUA Makeup Academy Nail Polish in Shade 24 and 5. 
♥ Zoya Nail Polish in Trixie. 
♥ Essie No Chips Ahead Top Coat.

Keep in mind that you don't have to use the same nail polishes that I have used to create this look. Just use what you have and have fun with it. Nail art has no limits, so be creative and play around with different color combinations :) 

What do you think about braided nails? Are you going give this a try? Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment :) Xoxo, Christine♥
SHARE:

25 comments

  1. Loved it! Great tutorial, well explained!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fab :D thanks for the tutorial, if I ever feel like I have enough patience to try it out I will give it a go. Love the colour scheme you've chosen too!

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I bet that took a lot of time and patience!

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tutorial. I've actually never thought of doing this :D And I have the same MUA polish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh♥ i love this!! Never would have figured it out myself lol
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this design.. really cute! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow so cool!!
    kisses from Milan
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoa.. it is so simple!! I'll try it now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tutorial! They look lovely, will definitely be giving this a try :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh I love this!! I'm definitely going to try this with different colors. I love the color combo you used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Raffles Bizarre Thank you. I would love to see you do this, its very fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @JanM ♥ No, not really. It was very easy to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Yolandaas You should try it out, I think you will love it. You can play around with so many color combinations :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Lala I would love to see a picture if you decide to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Christy Ann Thank you :) I would love to see a picture of your nails if you decide to give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never seen/thought of this design, it's something different and cute. Love the colours you used.
    http://big-brown-eyed-girl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really cute and fun! I will try it if I have enough time...

    ReplyDelete
  18. amazing...tried it with with marhoon and silverish-grey...thank u for putting this up =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for leaving me such lovely comments, I really appreciate each and every single one off you. You guys are truly amazing, thank you for making my day with your sweet words! I always reply back to comments, so make sure to check back!♥

© Makeup, Beauty & Fashion. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig