You have probably seen and heard all about Zooey Deschanel's Tuxedo nails that she wore to the 2012 Golden Globes which took place in January. I think Zooey rocked the Tuxedo nails and its has become a big beauty trend already :)
I have seen a few beauty bloggers and Youtube Gurus share their Tuxedo nails so that's what inspired me to do this post. I hope you like this fun nail art tutorial and if you have any nail design ideas for upcoming tutorials, please feel free to share them with me and everyone else in the comment section below :)
Products you are going to need to create this look:
♥ A Base Coat.
♥ A Black and White nail polish
♥ Dotting Tool, Nail Art Striper or a Toothpick.
♥ Top Coat
How to Create the Tuxedo Nails:
1. Start by painting your nails with a base coat to protect your nails. When the base coat has dried, paint all of your nails with a white nail polish of your choice.
2. Use a black striper to connect two lines to create the V shape. Remember that it dont have to be perfect because we are going to fill it in with a black nail polish afterwards.
3. Fill in the outside of the V shape with any black nail polish of your choice. I just used my Art Deco Striper in Black but you can also use a toothpick or a dotting tool.
4. Use your striper to create an X for the bow tie. Then finish the bow tie by using either a dotting tool, a nail polish striper or a toothpick and dip it into the black nail polish and create the bow.
5. Use your dotting tool and add two small dots of black nail polish to create the buttons and now your finished. After your design has dried, add a top coat to seal in the design and prevent it from chipping away :)
Here is the final result. Its not perfect and I wish the bows came out better than what they did but that's one of the things I really like about nail art. It dont have to be perfect and the more you practice, the better your design is going to look. This was my first time trying out this design and I think it turned out okay :)
Products I Used:
♥ Ridge Filler Base Coat by NYX Cosmetics
♥ Elf Cosmetics Nail Polish in White
♥ Art Deco Nail Polish Striper by L.A. Colors
♥ Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Do you have any nail art design ideas for upcoming tutorials? Have you tried out the Tuxedo nail trend? :) Thanks for looking :) Xoxo, Christine♥